Cauliflower is loaded with important nutrients including vitamin K, C and the B vitamins. In addition, this amazing vegetable contains potassium, phosphorus and boron. Cauliflower has cancer and disease-fighting phytonutrients, especially glucosinolates, including indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane, di-indolmethane and isothiocyanate.
Cauliflower has cancer and disease-fighting phytonutrients, especially glucosinolates, including indole-3-carbinol, sulforaphane, di-indolmethane and isothiocyanate. Please PubMed references below! These glucosinolates support anti-cancer processes in the body including colon, prostate, lung and breast cancers.
Simple and Quick Creamy Cauliflower Soup
1 head cauliflower, stem and leaves removed, chopped into small pieces
2 medium onions, diced
2-3 tablespoons butter, ghee, coconut oil or extra virgin olive oil
4 cups chicken or vegetable broth
1 cup whole milk or almond milk
Salt and pepper to taste
Nutmeg to garnish
Try This Out - How to Make the Best Cauliflower Soup
Roast Your Cauliflower-Behind that creamy beige exterior, you’ll find loads of irresistible roasted cauliflower flavor. Roasted cauliflower is key here—cauliflower develops caramelized notes with a greater depth of flavor as it roasts in the oven.
1. Place finely chopped onions into a large pot and saute for about 10 minutes on med-med/high heat.
2. Add chopped cauliflower and saute for about 3 minutes.
3. Add 4 cups of chicken or vegetable broth. If you have no broth on hand, you can use 4 cups water to 4 cubes of organic broth cubes in vegetable or chicken flavor.
4. Increase temperature to boiling for just a few seconds, then immediately turn down heat to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
5. Add a cup of organic full-fat dairy milk or your favourite non-dairy milk such as almond or cashew milk.
6. Simmer for about 5-10 minutes and blend with a hand blender or pour into a blender and blend for several seconds.
7. Return to pot, reheat slightly and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Garnish with a sprinkle of ground nutmeg and enjoy! Serves 4-6 persons.